Polaris Montessori is a new school located in San Francisco that will open Fall 2019. We seek an experienced teacher to educate a group of AMI primary and elementary-educated children (6-12 yrs old) in a single classroom. Each year, the school will welcome graduating students from an AMI Spanish-immersion primary program. A Spanish-speaking elementary teacher is preferred, but not required.
Polaris Montessori has an incredible community of children and committed parents. We will create a warm environment for our teacher-led classroom, where their work is valued and they have meaningful say in the values and operations of our growing school.
Who we're looking for:
- You strive to be a life-long learner and participate in on-going professional development
- You embody the values of the AMI philosophy at all times
- You display a strong work ethic, a genuine desire to collaborate with colleagues and parents, and possess a steadfast sense of professionalism
Preferred Experience and Attributes:
- A committed, deep understanding and passion for authentic Montessori pedagogy and practice
- Confidence and experience in the lessons and extensions required in elementary classrooms
- A collaborative work style while maintaining an identity of his/her own
- Must have completed a Bachelor's Degree at an accredited institution
- Must have an AMI certification in Elementary
- Must be digitally savvy and comfortable with email, Word, and Transparent Classroom
- Must have a clear record and pass the LiveScan fingerprint testing through the Dept. of Justice
Resumes and letters of interest should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an exempt, full-time teaching position. The salary and benefits package is very competitive, matching or exceeding Bay Area independent school norms.
Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
Polaris Montessori Elementary is an Equal Opportunity Employer.